Atlas Esthetic | Hand surgery
Hand surgery is a branch of plastic and reconstructive surgery.
Human hand is the most flexible mechanic system and its normal function is prerequisite for productive life of every individual.
Due to the developed industrial environment in the civilized world, hand injuries represent a major trauma.
Hand surgery may be divided into:
Peripheral nerves surgery:
- Compressive syndromes-carpal canal syndrome
- Guyon canal syndrome
- Cubital canal syndrome
- New and ols peripheral nerve injuries-nerve sutures
- Transpositions and nerve transplation
Hand bones surgery:
- Recent and old fractures
- Inadequate bone adhesion
- Hand and wrist dislocation
- Ligament injuries
- Recent and old flexor and extensor tendon injuries
- Hand tendon transplantation and transposition
- Surgical treatment of tendon layer
- De Quervain syndrome
- Benign tendon layer tumors
- Bone tumors
- Hand ganglion tumors
- Adipose tissue tumors
Degenerative disease of hand and fingers connective tissue. Thickening and shortening of hand and fingers connective tissue,strips result in fingers contraction.
Carpal tunnel syndrome
Occurs as a result of pressure on the median nerve in the carpal tunnel.
Hand soft tissue defect surgery:
- Local and regional grafts
- Skin transplantation
Degenerative hand disease
Disease of small hand basal thumb joints, deformities caused by rheumatism or osteoarthritis.
Vascular hand injuries
Combined with bigger joint injuries (blood vessels reconstruction, anasthomoses).