Body Cosmetic Surgery | Fat Transfer
Surgical fatty tissue transfer is a cosmetic surgery that is performed in order to move the fat tissue from one part of the body to another.
Fat transfer involves the use of one’s own fatty tissue instead of synthetic fillers. This procedure, also known as “lipomodeling”, can be used to correct skin defects: such as deep furrows and facial wrinkles, as well as other problematic regions on the body.
Transfer masti se koristi za:
- Facial contouring
- Filling wrinkles
- Filling of relaxed cheeks and cheek bones
- Filling of nasolabial wrinkles
- Enlargement of the lips
- Enlargement of the buttocks
- Breast enlargement
- Rejuvenation of the back of the hand
- Correcting facial or body deformities (to correct contingency defects caused by injury or dystrophy)
Fat transfer returns fullness to the face, fills and eliminates wrinkles, gives the lips a natural, discrete volume, as well as refreshing the skin.
The goal is to remove unwanted fats from one area (such as the stomach or thighs) and use these fats to contour or increase the size of another area (such as, for example, the breasts, buttocks or individual parts of the face). Therefore, this surgical procedure is not intended only for those who want to remove fat in their so-called “problematic” zones, but for those who want to transform their body with their own fat tissue.
What are the benefits of surgical fat transfer?
- The organism is not “threatened” by the implantation, and wont attack a foreign body.
- Absolute compatibility of “donor” fat with tissues in the transplantation zone, which automatically eliminates the risk of rejection or development of allergic reactions, which can actually occur with the implant
- Minimal stress and discomfort for the body;
- Fat transfer allows patients to simultaneously free fat deposits in problem areas;
- Different amounts of fat can be placed in each breast, which is important when it comes to breast asymmetry;
- The result after the fat transfer process is detected immediately – visually and by touch;
- A short period of rehabilitation;
- Lack of scarring after surgery;
- Transformation of two or more areas on the body.
Compatibility with other surgical procedures
Fat transfer can also be combined with liposuction, lifting and many other aesthetic corrective procedures.
How is fat transfer done?
This procedure is minimal invasive and provides the patient with a sense of complete safety. The transfer of fatty tissue can be done under general anesthesia for larger regions (breasts, buttocks) or local anesthesia when the smaller regions are concerned (lips, face, back of hands).
This procedure includes three main phases:
1) Removing the fat. This is done through small cuts (incisions) on the skin that made in the regions where the fat is supposed to be extracted. The donor site is placed under anesthesia and so is the area in which the fat is to be injected (a reciprocal site). A thin tube (cannula), which is attached to the syringe, and is inserted into the donor site, at a place where the fat layer is thick, such as the lower part of the stomach, thigh, tickles or buttocks – and a small amount of fat is sucked out (similar to liposuction). The cuts are then stitched up.
2) Preparation (purification) of the fatty tissue. Special laboratory equipment for fast purification of fatty tissue is used, whereby the fat is removed from blood and other liquids.
3) Injecting fat. Special microchannels are used to inject small amounts of fat into the area that we want to treat. These “injections” are injected through small “holes” in the skin, so that usually no stitches are required. The process is repeated until the desired amount of fatty tissue is transferred and the area is corrected. At the donor site, a sealant, pressure is applied, and sometimes at a reciprocal location –in order to prevent the formation of blood clots and bruising. It usually it takes three transfers (transfer) of fresh fat for a complete correction.
The procedure usually takes a couple of hours. In agreement with your surgeon and depending on the intervention, it will be decided whether you will return home shortly after the procedure is completed or if you will remain in hospital post treatment.
During the procedure, you should not feel a lot of pain, but you may have some pain for a few days or several weeks after that. You will get the appropriate prescribed painkillers if you need them.
Side effects such as mild swelling, bruises and stiffness of the region where the transfer was completed are completely normal and disappear within 5 to 7 days after intervention.
Recovery Post fat transfer
The treated areas will probably be blue and swollen for 1-2 weeks.
It may take up to six months for the results of the surgical fat transfer to be fully observed, since some of the injected fats can be used up by your body during the first weeks or months after the procedure.
You will be able to return to your regular activities 2-4 weeks after the treatment
Possible Side Effects
– Bruising and Swelling
– Temporary numbness
– Small scars that can decrease over time
– Loss of a certain amount of fat from the injected area during the first few months
Surgical fat transfer is generally a safe procedure, but may occasionally result in the following:
– accumulation of blood under the skin (hematoma)
– death of fatty tissue (fat necrosis)
– blockage in the blood vessel caused by fat (embolism)
– leaking air into the space between the lungs and the chest wall (pneumothorax)
– large, obvious scars – sometimes known as hypertrophic scars
Like any other operation and transfer of fat, it also carries a certain level of risk from:
– excessive bleeding
– developing a blood clot
– an allergic reaction to an anesthetic or other substance that is an integral part of the procedure
Since patients usually leave the hospital for 2-3 hours after the procedure for transferring fatty tissue, this surgical procedure is classified as a relatively safe intervention.
For more information, please contact the Call Center at Atlas General Hospital: +381 11 785 88 88.
Price for fat transfer:
buttock lift and augmentation with fat tissue
transfer of the fat tissue in the cheek bones
from 500 euro
lip augmentation with fat tissue
from 400 to 600 eur
upper arm with fat tissue
rejuvenation of the chin with fat tissue
breast augmentation with fat tissue
from 2.400 to 3200 eur